New Enterprise Architect role, great opportunity to get into the Utilities space
My client IT Strategy, Data and Digital area provides enterprise architecture and information security services, developing and maintaining IT strategies to support business objectives.
The Enterprise Architect is responsible for developing enterprise architecture, strategy, innovation, and IT capabilities, aligning with the companies needs and promoting values-driven investment for modern, secure, and integrated IT capabilities.
The Enterprise Architect, reporting to the Enterprise Architecture Manager, will collaborate with IT organisations and business partners to deliver IT enterprise architecture strategy, policies, procedures, and processes.
- Define, develop and execute the IT digital and innovation EA strategy, driving change and balancing efficiency, flexibility, usability, and security.
- Evaluate and implement innovative technologies aligned with the business model.
- Collaborate with other IT architects to maintain Enterprise Architecture efforts.
- Consult with business leaders to understand requirements and future direction.
- Define and follow Enterprise Architecture principles guiding technology decisions.
- Communicate long-term vision and strategies, aligning with business needs.
- Stay updated on emerging IT tech for alignment and best practices.
- Review IT architecture investments and support corporate strategy.
- Analyse alignment of capabilities and technology solutions.
- Ensure IT projects align with EA strategy.
- Evaluate and select technology solutions as needed.
- Build relationships within IT teams to optimise cooperation and support.
- Ensure Enterprise Architecture compliance.
- Adapt responsibilities for the development of IT Strategy, Data, and Digital function.
- Relevant third level IT qualification and or accreditation
- A minimum of 7 years in the water, utilities or similar industries
- Demonstrated leadership ability, proactive development, motivation and engagement of staff.
- Experience managing a large team, with strong people, change management and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective strategic partnerships with key stakeholders
- Proven track record with dealing with complex issues, proactively and in a timely fashion along with the ability to communicate complex information to others.
- Experience of supporting policies, systems and controls and driving the implementation of progressive policies.
- You will have a proven track record in leadership, change & transformation experience ideally in a similar utility, regulated industry or multi stakeholder environment.
- Able to work to deadlines and adapt to changing conditions and ambiguity generating effective and pragmatic solutions to new situations and problems as they are presented.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.