Electrical Quantity Surveyor (s) required in Limerick. Junior and Senior roles available.
Your new company
Our Client is one of Ireland’s leading electrical contracting companies. They are now seeking to recruit an Electrical Quantity Surveyor for a permanent position based in Limerick. The role may suit someone from an electrical trade or engineering background that has worked in quantity surveying roles. Opportunities available for both junior and senior applicants.
Your new role
The opportunity to build your career by assisting in the delivery of the quantity surveying function in a very successful engineering company. You will manage the quantity surveying function for contracts and to ensure the maximum contribution for the company.
The company are looking to take on board a highly competent and skilled Quantity Surveyor to be based in Limerick. The QS will be responsible for the management of the quantity surveying function for contracts and to ensure the maximum contribution for the company.
- Understand contract obligations and any other undertakings to the client and the structure and form of interim and final claims. Ensure that claims are then formulated in line with these constraints.
- Ensure close co-operation with Planning Engineer as regards assessment of progress, accounting for day works undertaken and identification and evaluations of variations and additions to the original contract work.
- Ensure that claims issued are comprehensive in that all work undertaken has been included under the appropriate categorisation, i.e. day works, unit rate work, contract work. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- Provide necessary back up in any follow up to claims and assist in negotiations on the finalisation of these accounts. Ensure certificates of payment are issued promptly.
- Report in detail as required for the Project Manager, on the commercial status of the project.
- Maintain accurate records of claims prepared, certificates issued and of retentions involved. Ensure follow up on claiming retentions as due.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
What you'll need to succeed
- Quantity Surveying diploma / degree or electrical engineering degree or Electrical trade background will be considered
- Previous Quantity surveying experience on electrical projects
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management within construction
- Detailed knowledge of Quantity Surveying role
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and M&E installations
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills
- Effective planner who efficiently manages to assist in the resolving of any issues that will be encountered.
- Good Team Player.
- Experience working on electrical projects in Ireland.
- Electrical trade or engineering / quantity surveying background and some experience in estimating / quantity surveying or an interest in developing a career in quantity surveying.
What you'll get in return
- An excellent competitive salary in line with experience plus other benefits
- The experience of working with a leading edge engineering company where you will work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103787