Electrical project manager required for a market leading food company based in Longford.
Your new company
One of Ireland’s leading food producers with 15 manufacturing plants in Ireland and the UK. Meat craft, trusted quality and excellent service are the pillars of their proud heritage. For over 50 years, their farmers have trusted them to process and market their livestock in a respectful way. Every day they renew their commitment to making a positive difference in every sector of their business, be it by leading the way as founding members of Origin Green or sharing experiences on the companies Farm on topics ranging from animal nutrition, animal welfare, energy conservation to waste reduction.
Your new role
Manage the electrical projects, carry out the development of a wide range of projects, monitoring progression against identified milestones within the overall project plan. Advising and directing Site Managers in relation to individual site projects with involvement in every stage and level from concept to completion. Your day to day duties will consist of :
- Proactively manage and help lead the company’s Electrical Projects in line with company’s operational budget objectives, building regulatory requirements and industry best practice.
- Reporting to the Group Projects Manager (IRL) in line with divisional organisation chart.
- Lead and manage site staff and sub-contractors to drive synergy within the team and ensure efficient workflow in line with business needs.
- Develop and issue tender packages for electrical works on all approved CapEx projects.
- Monitor contract progress with targeted project outcomes, Quality Management Systems, contract specifications and stake holder expectations.
- Monitor financial performance of all projects.
- Optimise the productivity of supply contractors when co-ordinating multiple site activities.
- Manage staff performance in line with business, team and individual targets, dealing consistently and efficiently with under-performance, conduct or disciplinary matters.
What you'll need to succeed
- 3rd level qualification in an Electrical related discipline such as Electrical Engineering is essential. (Level 8 preferred).
- Trade qualified Electrician background would be beneficial.
- Recognised membership of relevant professional body/bodies.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Project Management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role and similar industry.
- Previous significant stake holder interfacing experience is essential. Along with a proven ability to create and maintain positive relationships and a commercial focus.
- Excellent Working knowledge of various forms of Construction Electrical Projects.
What you'll get in return
A salary ranging from €65,000 to €75,000 plus a whole range of benefits including:
- Extensive training and development programs
- Subsidised canteen
- Further education support policy
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Discounted Private Healthcare
- Smart Working (Flexible) Policy
- Free staff car parking
- Company phone and laptop
- KPI related bonuses
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1104323