Electrical maintenance technician required for a market leading packaging and printing company in Drogheda.
Your new company
A global labelling solution provider, who is one of the largest label companies in the world in the following markets: Beverage, Wine & Spirits, Food & Dairy, Personal Care & Beauty, Home Care & Laundry, Healthcare, Durables & Technical and Automotive & Chemicals.Internationally they boast a roster of over 13,000 dedicated employees, who operate in over 26 countries today. Established over 100 years ago, the company has grown to become one of the world’s largest and most awarded label printers today supporting the world’s most prominent brands. Today their primary market segments have operations in North American, Latin American, EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and Asia Pacific regions.
Your new role
Reporting to the Engineering Maintenance & Facilities Manager, the job holder is responsible for carrying out electrical work across the site, encompassing all areas, including production, facilities, and health and safety related activities. The role includes carrying out some mechanical aspects of an electrical task as well as individual light mechanical tasks from time to time
Undertake work of any kind as directed by the Engineering, Maintenance & Facilities Manager.
- Work on both mechanical and electrical plant and carry out installation work.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance to reduce future unplanned downtime.
- Respond to unplanned breakdowns, to reduce downtime.
- Undertake facilities maintenance where necessary.
- Supervise sub-contractors where necessary.
- Adhere to Health & Safety policies, procedures, and standards, especially permit to work procedures.
- Assist with ensuring parts are in stock and are available for repairs.
- Always foster good housekeeping principles.
What you'll need to succeed
- Electrical trade cert is mandatory
- Knowledge of current standards and regulations.
- Ability to Fault Find and Diagnoses.
- Multi-skilled engineer with print/packaging experience.
- Experience of PLC’s (programming and fault-finding), process controls and AC / DC and Servo drives.
- A salary ranging from €60,000 to €65,000 (DOE)
- Working hours Monday to Thursday 8:30 to 4:30 plus early finish on Fridays.
- Normal and flexible working hours
- Clean working environment.
- Health insurance plus pension options
- Possibility of overtime if required
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1107494