EH&S Manager required in Galway
Your new company
Our client who are based in Galway are now recruiting an Environmental Health and Safety Manager to join their team. As an Environmental Health and Safety Manager you must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards, discover opportunities for improving conditions and execute various safety programs and communicate guidelines to a multidisciplinary workforce. Your role is to ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations, actively supports environmental health and safety, conduct risk assessments, deliver health and safety campaigns across all company sites and ensure inductions are up-to-date.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage health and safety across all company sites (mostly in Galway).
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policies in line with company health and safety objectives.
- Manage, conduct, and ensure closure of safety audits.
- Conduct accident investigations including drawing up reports/risk assessments for management, recommending corrective actions and preparing requisite reports.
- Develop and implement effective programs for maintaining, enhancing, and fostering a ‘zero incident’ safety culture.
- Keep up to date on all matters regarding Health and Safety legislation and guidance and keep management and employees informed.
- Foster a high standard and approach to health and safety compliance across all sites.
- Responsible for reporting to and dealing with Health and Safety Authority as required.
- Ensure employee welfare is at a high level.
- Organise, document, and follow – up of medical treatment required for occupational injuries and illness.
- Responsible for all ongoing in – house training including manual handling, first aid etc.
- Conduct Health and Safety Induction for all new hires across all sites.
- Oversee all hazardous and non-hazardous waste procedures.
- Must be able to work as part of a team but equally be able to work alone under limited supervision.
- Degree in Environmental/Occupational Health and Safety
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Chartered member or progressing to be with IOSH is desirable but not essential.
- IPPC licence experienced
- Manual handling instructors’ qualification
- Noise measurement and assessment qualification and experience
- Waste Management and recycling experience is a distinct advantage.
- Emergency response system implementation and management experience
- First Aid Qualification
- 37 hours Monday to Thursday 8.30a.m. to 5.00 p.m. and Friday 8.30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
- Permanent contract
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job is not quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Niall Toland.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.