Drug and Alcohol Worker – Housing First – Limerick & Clare
Your new company
A non-profit organisation that provides services for people who are homeless and people at risk of homelessness in are seeking a Drug and Alcohol Worker to join their growing team on a 1 year fixed term basis in Limerick & Clare. You will be offered a competitive salary along with a healthy work life balance. This is a very exciting time to join a constantly growing non-profit organisation and to develop your career and skills further.
Your new role
The Drug and Alcohol Support Worker will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide advice, assessment, brief and structured interventions, group programmes and training courses to promote harm reduction and recovery for vulnerable persons identified for or already participating in the Housing First programme. Practitioners are expected to work through an outreach model, meeting customers proactively in appropriate settings to promote successful engagement, i.e.; primary care, hospital, housing, non-profit and other outreach settings as required by the service specification and customer group. Duties include.
• Provide advice, screening, brief and comprehensive assessments with individuals.
• Provide brief and longer-term structured interventions.
• Develop a support plan and ensure it is implemented and reviewed with the customer(s) and monitor outcomes.
• To promote, adhere and assist in the ongoing development of Housing First practice, supporting fidelity to the model and its core principles.
• Support the development of Housing First working partnership with company, HSE Social Inclusion and Lead Local Authority.
• Maintain excellent written records and data.
• Liaise with community, voluntary & statutory agencies, professionals, and groups as necessary.
• Allocate and oversee the work of peer mentors and volunteers as required.
• Support the development of holistic interventions within the wider team, through case discussion and supervision.
• Actively promote company, HSE and Housing First through statutory and voluntary organisations and establish and maintain effective operational working relationships.
• Ensure that all safeguarding issues, including child protection and protection of vulnerable adults, are dealt with in accordance to company policies and procedures, and local and national statutory requirements.
• To co-operate with the implementation of the Housing For All & the National Housing First strategy as well as the National Drugs Strategy.
• To co-operate with various methods that may be introduced to establish service user experience with service provision.
• To co-operate/participate in initiatives to improve the quality of services, including joint audit.
• To co-operate with on-going monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of services being provided and with flexible working i.e. unsociable hours.
What you'll need to succeed
- A relevant third level qualification in the area of addiction studies (minimum level 7) or social care.
- Two years’ experience in a paid full-time capacity, or equivalent part time, in an addiction service or similar setting.
- Experience of team working and of working and liaising with other agencies.
- Excellent report writing abilities.
- Ability to work to the values of the company and the Housing First approach underpinned with the belief that access to housing does not need to be earned. It is a basic human right.
- Full driver’s licence with access to a car.
What you'll get in return
In return you will be working for a non-profit organisation that provides services for people/ families who are homeless and people/ families at risk of homelessness as a Drug and Alcohol Worker. You will be joining their growing team on a fixed term basis in Limerick/Clare. You will be offered a competitive salary along with a healthy work life balance. This is a very exciting time to join a constantly growing non-profit organisation and to develop your career and skills further.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1107388