Work Part time with a small company on the outskirts of Cork City - Accounts Prep, VAT, Debtors, Creditors.
Your new company
Work with a company that is over 50 years old, very much a leader in the service that it provides to clients both nationally and internationally. Based on the outskirts of Cork City with easy access and parking provided, the offices are fresh modern and provide a pleasant work environment.
Recent times has seen an increase demand for its services and hence the requirement to take on an accountant on a part time basis for circa 25 to 30 hours per week. We have flexibility on the working arrangement of these hours "lets make it work for the employee and the company"
Your new role
You will work closely the General Manager, MD and Sales Manager. Starting off as the Company Accountant, you will have scope to develop the position into a Head of Finance. There is an accounts assistant in place and a long serving Office Manager, so plenty of support.
The payroll function is outsourced and the following is an overview of duties:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Prepare weekly cashflow.
- Monitoring and reporting revenue performance of each department of the company on a weekly basis.
- Debtor management/ Credit Control, on a daily basis.
- Cost control management
- Ensure accuracy of Accounts Payable, agree on payment runs with Management/Head of AP
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations.
- Reconcile and submit all Revenue returns (VAT etc.).
- Completion of the year-end audit file, and presentation of same to external auditors.
- Administration of funding applications and grant claims.
What you'll need to succeed
Qualified Accountant, ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA with at least 3 years experience in accounts preparation.
Strong attention to detail with an interest in contributing to the continued success of the business. We want you to add value and feel part of our success.
What you'll get in return
Salary is €50,000 to €60,000 pro-rata to the agreed hours / days that you work. We will work with you to see what works best i.e. the days and hours that are right for everybody.
There is certainly scope to develop the position into a Head of Finance position.
What you need to do now
Click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Vincent Murray now.
Vincent can provide you with a further overview of what is on offer. #1103553