Associate Director (Electrical) – Sustainable Data Centres – Dublin City/Hybrid
Your new company
Your new company can offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to their clients and the communities in which they work. They have helped bring to life ground-breaking projects across the globe. Dedicated to sustainable development, they are a collective of designers, advisors and experts working spanning 140 countries. They collaborate with their clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigour to shape a better world.
They are looking for a talented leader with a background in electrical engineering to work in their data centre business based in Dublin working on projects across Europe. The role offers excellent prospects for career development and the opportunity to be involved in a diverse and challenging range of projects.
Your new role
You will work at the cutting edge of sustainable data centre design, delivering latest generation solutions and developing emerging technologies. You will lead a cross-regional, multi-discipline engineering and sustainability team to deliver services to their local and international clients. Developing and managing new and existing Client Relationships whilst winning work though securing opportunities and preparing proposals.
You will also be involved in Project Planning and Management, with Conceptual design studies and reports. You will be required to lead multi-disciplinary teams of engineers developing data centre projects throughout all levels of design and construction.
You must also have close collaboration with their sustainability specialists which provides the opportunity to further enhance and develop sustainable solutions in this sector. Representing the design and / or discipline team in discussions with the client and contractors regarding topics such as design solutions, & PUE and efficiencies
What you'll need to succeed
- Multidisciplinary technical skills with an electrical background.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent and currently Chartered with Engineers Ireland or equivalent.
- Minimum 15-years post-qualification experience, most of which will be in design gained within a consultancy environment.
- Substantial experience in design of data centre/mission critical projects.
- Technically excellent with in-depth knowledge of relevant standards and regulations.
- Client care skills.
- Experience in networking and building relationships internally and externally.
- Organised and adaptable with a flexible approach to work and willingness to travel.
What you'll get in return
- A multicultural and informal working environment where you can develop professionally by being part of a team who enjoy what they do.
- They offer flexible arrangements, such as hybrid working, create a more inclusive way of working that supports our diversity and the wellbeing of our people.
- Employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
- A strong corporate culture committed to its values: quality of work, holistic approach, humane organisation, straight and honourable dealings, social usefulness and reasonable prosperity.
- Continuous training and professional development that will allow you to adapt to the growing needs of our clients as we embrace digital transformation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Anne-Marie Walsh or call me on 086 0637307. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career