Associate Buyer (Semi State) | Temp | Cork | Hybrid
Your new company
Our client, a semi - state utilities are going through great expansion requiring them to onboard an associate buyer to join the tendering team on a temporary basis until the end of 2023 - potential for extension. Hybrid working, Cork city, 35 hour work week (Mon - Fri)
Reporting to the Tender Delivery Procurement Lead, the Associate Buyer will execute procure to pay activities and endeavour to build and manage supplier relationships. They will provide critical support for the procurement of goods and services across a range of categories for the organisation in compliance with relevant Procurement policies and procedures and in line with buyer’s strategy and direction.
Your new role
- Ensure tenders are delivered in compliance with the organisations internal procurement procedures & EU Procurement Regulations.
- Demonstrate good knowledge and conduct efficient execution of procurement processes
- Provide demand management and sourcing support to the Tender Delivery Procurement Lead
- Provide transaction processing capabilities around purchase order approval and purchasing
- Support the procurement of Materials and Services through oracle
- Support the tendering process
- Ensure purchasing activities comply with Purchasing Procedures
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers and internal customers
- Ensure purchase orders are placed expeditiously
- Maintain the filing system of purchase orders and documents
- Manage and administer requisitions and purchase orders
- Provide clear and effective communication with the business to support Procurement processes and procedures
- Offer assistance to the Tender Delivery Procurement team with any other administrative or sourcing related procurement activities
- Other duties as required from time to time
What you'll need to succeed
- Professional qualifications in Procurement, Supply chain would be a huge advantage
- 1–2 years’ experience in a Procurement function would be desired.
- Strong business acumen, communication and negotiation skills
- High level of knowledge of relevant commercial legislation and regulations for procurement of services and goods for Utility businesses
- Proven ability to create good working relationships
- PC skills required: extensive use of Microsoft Excel and Word and experience with procurement software
- Ability to assess and execute programs, policies and initiative operational needs
- Experience in developing and maintaining effective strategic partnerships with key stakeholders both internally and externally e.g. suppliers
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.