Assistant Production Manager
Your new company
Hays Recruitment are looking for an Assistant Production Manager. Our client is seeking a confident Assistant Production Manager to join their team.The successful candidate will be play a role and be part of Managers and Operators working together to meet Production, Customer and Strategic requirements.
The overall purpose of this role is to ensure that production targets (quality, volume, costs) are consistently met through the effective management of people and processes. Our client employs over 900 people in 8 countries globally – and are continuing to grow. From production specialists to R&D experts, finance, marketing, sales and so much more. Our client specialises in three main areas as a food production company. Dairy, Nutrition and Taste.
Your new role
- Promotion of safety within all areas including identification and resolution of safety issues
- Daily scheduling of production volumes in various areas
- Using lean principles to manage the business and employee engagement
- Manage quality, hygiene, and cleanliness standards throughout the areas.
- Plan manning levels to cover production plan, holidays and other leave
- Plan downtime, maintenance, and scheduled testing
- Initiate and support lean/continuous improvement / cost reduction activities
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong awareness of GMP and Health, Hygiene & Safety requirements
- Honours degree in Process Engineering or related discipline Excellent communication and team management skills required.
- Familiar with the Ingredients Whey processes – Membranes, Fat separation, Pasteurisation, Evaporation, Spray drying and Packaging
What you'll get in return
The successful candidate will get to work in a global company during an exciting period of growth. The client is offering a base salary of 40k – 45k. On site parking. Pension after 6 months, discounted products and social/community aspects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1107264