Assessment and Placement Officer - Limerick - Full-time
Your new company
A non-profit organisation that provides services for people who are homeless and people at risk of homelessness in are seeking a Assessment and Placement officer to join their growing team on a 1 year fixed term basis in Limerick. You will be offered a competitive salary along with a healthy work life balance. This is a very exciting time to join a constantly growing non-profit organisation and to develop your career and skills further.
Your new role
The aim of the role is to provide a support service within Limerick City and County Council I Limerick Homeless Action Team whereby clients can access advice and information as to their eligibility for emergency homeless services. Also, to support Individuals who are currently homeless to exit homelessness and access long term housing. Duties include:
- To make and take appointments, interview, and assess clients seeking a homeless service by appointment or unscheduled presentations at the public counter in Limerick City and County Council I Limerick Homeless Action Team
- To enable and assist clients to source suitable private rented accommodation.
- To work with clients placed in emergency facilities with a view to securing long term accommodation and where possible, avoiding continued placement in emergency facilities.
- Assist clients in settling into accommodation and ensuring they are fully briefed on services available to them from external agencies.
- To receive and act upon referrals submitted via the interdisciplinary referral protocol.
- Assist persons who are eligible for social housing, providing information and assistance in presenting the application.
- Investigate cases thoroughly on behalf of Limerick City and County Council I Limerick Homeless Action Team, maintaining link s with other authorities, Gardai, CWO's etc.
- Increase access to health and social services for those experiencing homelessness.
- Create and maintain files and records of clients.
- To provide the coordinator with monthly reports on the caseload and move on plans.
- To work with a client-centred approach, encouraging autonomy and independence.
- To contact and establish links as appropriate with local services and relevant community groups and to work closely where appropriate with housing providers.
- To manage an allocated caseload and adhere to Care and Case Management processes and protocols.
- To be aware of responsibilities and respond appropriately to any situation where child protection and welfare is a concern.
- Limerick City and County Council I Limerick Homeless Action Team in relation to organisational procedures and policies in areas of personnel, finance, administration, research, development, education, public awareness and services.
- To work with and under the supervision and direction of the line management within Limerick City and County Council I Limerick Homeless Action Team and engage in supervision sessions on a regular basis.
- To be familiar with and comply with all relevant Limerick City and County Council Limerick Homeless Action Team policy e.g. Child Protection Policy, Confidentiality
- To maintain accurate records and statistics in accordance with Limerick City; County Council I Limerick Homeless Action Team policy.
- To be vigilant to any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative
- To participate in relevant training and development courses as agreed with the Coordinator Homeless Services.
What you'll need to succeed
• A relevant Third Level qualification at degree level i.e. social care, psychology, sociology
• Experience working in a social care setting.
• Experience of dealing with child protection and welfare responsibilities and responding appropriately to any concerns
• Experience in carrying out assessments, including risk assessments.
• Experience in developing support plans and carrying out reviews.
• Ability to deal with challenging behaviour.
• Ability to work alone and in a team setting.
• Ability to display flexibility in the role.
• Full clean driver’s license with access to a car
What you'll get in return
In return you will be working for a non-profit organisation that provides services for people/ families who are homeless and people/ families at risk of homelessness as a Social Care Worker. You will be joining their growing team on a fixed term basis in Limerick. You will be offered a competitive salary along with a healthy work life balance. This is a very exciting time to join a constantly growing non-profit organisation and to develop your career and skills further.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1107385