Applications Engineer, Galway, Automotive Manufacturing.
Your new company
Hays recruitment are looking for an Applications Engineer. Our client is a leader in the design and manufacture of specialty self-clinch fasteners and are committed to providing quality, value added products and services. They are responsible for the design, development, and commercialization of innovative fastening solutions for European and global markets. You would be joining a company with an 80+ year history as the innovative leader of the fastening industry. They are continuing to expand and are growing their team to continue to deliver their high-quality industry knowledge and customer service.
Your new role
Design, develop or improve fastening solutions to new and existing customers. Support sales activities for key customers with technical calls and visits as and when required. Coordinate testing required for prototypes, pilot production and final customer acceptance. Coordinate the development activities within the business including Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Sales & Marketing, Finance and Installation equipment dept. Generate manufacturing costs and submit to pricing co-ordinator. Provide technical support to customers/distributors and to Regional Sales Managers. Coordinate, plan and conduct training with new and key distributors and customers.
What you'll need to succeed
- Third level degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of engineering experience.
- Application Engineering skills with track record of solving problems and working in or with a cross functional team.
- Proficient with Solid Modelling software (Pro/E preferred) and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with engineering tools such as SPC.
- Experience using Business software (ERP systems, JDE preferred).
What you'll get in return
- Salary: €35,000 (negotiable)
- Bonus: 7% annual
- Annual Leave: 20 days (21 days on completion of 2 years’ service and 24 days after 20 years’ service)
- VHI Healthcare
- Educational sponsorship program, wellness programme etc
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1103700