Your new company
You will be working through a consultancy firm for a travel management software company. They have offices worldwide in locations such as America, India and Ireland. They create products that give employees everything they need to make better travel decisions.
Your new role
You will be managing the Modernisation 2.1 program with an agile mindset, leveraging the company's agile practices.
Some of the duties include:
• Facilitating and consulting on aligning multiple teams to deliver joint outcomes
• Drive program decision-making with data
• Identifying risks and working with teams to mitigate those risks
• Embrace the role of a servant leader while supporting up to 3 teams in self-management, inspection, and adaptation. Maintain psychological safety in teams
• Remove blockers or impediments or connect team members to the right people to remove impediments.
• Facilitate discussions and conflict resolution in order to improve team productivity while always promoting continuous improvement.
• Continually promote transparency in the organization via information radiators, project status reports, and use of team channels in Slack.
• Identify risks, dependencies, and blockers for projects to ensure teams have the resources they need to be successful.
• Guide team in self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks.
• Develop training and related materials to educate scrum teams on various techniques to improve collaboration, planning, and delivery.
• Maintain consistency within Jira and guide toward the proper use of the tool among the scrum teams.
• Assess scrum teams and the organization with a goal of making improvements where needed.
What you'll need to succeed
• 5 years Agile program management experience in managing medium-sized software development
• 5+ years’ experience as a Scrum Master for a software development team that applied Agile principles and scrum practices.
• Experience running multiple scrum teams simultaneously (2-3 teams) as a Scrum Master
• A growth mindset with a passion for learning new tools and techniques to continuously improve your coaching skills.
• Knowledge of other Agile approaches, namely Kanban.
• Familiarity with Jira Cloud and Confluence Cloud. Bonus points for administration experience.
• Certified Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Master or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related work experience.
What you'll get in return
You will work a hybrid role where you are required in office only 2-3 days a week. Extremely competitive day rate. Guaranteed 6 month contract role
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1101659
Technology & Internet Services
Projects & Change Management
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Michelle McMahon, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Hays Recruitment, Limerick