Public Sector opportunity at the Cork HQ. Use your team management skills. Get in touch with Vincent Murray
Your new company
This Public Sector organisation builds and maintains the Irish energy network and keeps Ireland’s energy sector connected. This multi-billion Euro organisation is committed to growth, innovation and sustainability and continues to be a major employer in Ireland, providing a dynamic and modern place to work. With a sizeable HQ in Cork, it offers significant opportunity to employees to develop careers. NOW, is a great time to join.
Your new role
You will report to an experienced Manager who is easy to work with, offers lots of support, has an open door policy and encourages a strong teamwork environment.
You will be responsible for managing and leading the AR & Reconciliations Team. You will ensure the efficient and effective administration of all bank accounts/cash balances and Accounts Payable payments. The role also includes responsibility for overseeing the Accounts Receivable process.
- Manage the AR & Reconciliations Team
- Responsible for performance management and development of direct report
- Ensuring the team operates to financial budget and headcount targets, delivers on agreed Service Level Agreements, and performs to agreed KPI’s.
- Manage the bank reconciliation process for all bank accounts.
- Responsible for the processing of all AP Payments.
- Responsible for the processing of all other non AP business payments.
- Manage the Accounts Receivable function.
- Provide Credit Control administration.
- Responsible for the compliance and governance of the Supplier Bank Details Process.
- Ensure sound and robust processes are in place to detect/identify fraud.
- Responsible for Expenses Spot checking and quarterly reporting to HR Business Partners.
- Responsible for Credit Card spot checking and quarterly reporting to Group Treasury.
- Provide support in the development of a best practice control environment and adherence to all necessary financial controls to ensure the production of accurate financial records and information.
- Responsible for the Business Continuity Plan for the AR & Reconciliations Team
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in a large- scale organisation.
- Qualified Accountant ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent is desirable.
- Working in a compliance led environment would be an advantage.
- Ability to developing effective cross-functional relationships.
- Anticipating and proactively managing issues, solving problems and supporting implementation and acceptance of change.
- Driving continuous process improvements - identifying opportunities, generating ideas, recommending and implementing solutions, delivering synergies and efficiencies.
- Operating in a utility company or in a regulated industry would be an advantage.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with guiding and developing others towards their goals, providing appropriate feedback and coaching.
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks, work with schedules, manage resources while remaining focused on team goals.
- Driver of high standards for individual, team and organisational accomplishment and delivering desired results.
What you'll get in return
Permanent job paying salary upto €70k with benefits such as Pension. The organisation is growing and you will be given ample opportunity to grow and develop your career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Vincent Murray now on 0831009449 for Full Job Spec and more details.