Manage a team of 6 in the Global SSC of a highly success multinational with a significant presence in Cork.
Your new company
You will work in the SSC of a Global organisation, that has over 8,000 employees, over 62 locations worldwide, Customers in over 100 countries, Multi Billion Dollar Turnover and invests about 10% of Turnover in R&D. The company is over 40 years old and has over 20 manufacturing sites. It's products and services are changing the world we live in and the future is certain for this dynamic organisation. The Cork site is a result of the company’s strategic efforts to consolidate and centralise select compliance and accounting processes. It has reputation for providing an excellent work environment and rewards employees that want to contribute and develop their careers.
Your new role
Its a Hybrid working position with responsibility for the successful operation of one of the Accounting & Controllership teams within the SSC. You will manage one or more accounting systems in accordance with US GAAP and local statutory policies and procedures.
Managing a team of up to 6 qualified and part qualified accountants, you will be responsible for managing the team, candidate selection where required, goal and objective setting and evaluation and employee motivation and development.
- Managing a team of up to 6 qualified and part qualified accountants
- Manages and directs the accounting close and financial reporting activities within the SSC for a specific region.
- Responsible for SOX compliance and internal/external audits.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of local Statutory Accounts.
- Responsible preparation and submission of Direct Tax returns and provision calculation.
- Completion of monthly and quarterly close decks and all reporting to Corporate for the countries under your responsibility
- Review and approve accounting transactions and account reconciliations.
- Maintains ledger integrity and ensure financial compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring all Service Levels and KPI targets are achieved
What you'll need to succeed
You must be a qualified accountant with good financial accounting experience in a large company. 5 years post-qualification experience and current people Management experience.
What you'll get in return
Very competitive salary depending on your experience. Full benefits, pension, parking, healthcare and more.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or reach out directly to Vincent Murray now. #1107390