- Use a simple font like Arial, 10-12pt
- Keep formatting like italics and underlining to a minimum
- Bullets are extremely useful in CVs as they allow you to highlight key points succintly and keep the document looking tidy. Start each one with an action verb if you can ('created', 'managed', 'increased', 'improved' etc), rather than 'I'
- Spelling and punctuation must be perfect, so after you proofread and spell-check it, give it to a friend to check it over for readability and any errors you may have missed.
- Welcome constructive criticism
Most companies prefer resumes submitted electronically, so create your resume in a common program such as MS Word so it can be open and read by recipients easily. If you are sending your CV to Hays avoid using a pdf.