ACCA qualified since 2009 my candidate driven, motivated and ambitious. The candidate has exceptional experience across Multinational, International and SME organisations.
This candidate is commercially aware and strategically strong, demonstrated through his past positions and has solid experience within reporting, analytics and change management.
He has led teams, both experienced and inexperienced, to achieve corporate goals and deadlines and comes across very approachable and personable.
During interview, he came across as very passionate with great interpersonal skills. He described himself as being very strong commercially, while being a great team player leader.
The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Dublin Business School
Dip Accounting & Finance
Athlone Institute of Technology
Systems: Oracle, Workday, Blackline, Great Plains, FRX, Hyperion, SAP Business Objects, Sage, Access Accounts, Assurenet, Salesforce, Thesaurus and PayPal payroll
Confidential Employer (Pharma) Mar 2016 – October 2016
EUMEA Snr Finance Manager (Contract)
• Responsibility for all transactional postings within multiple ledgers, multiple currencies, subsidiaries and branches.
• Management and development of the operational accounting team of four.
• Liaised closely with US Corporate Accounting Team.
• Quarterly disclosure reviews with Corporate.
• Main point of contact for EUMEA queries.
• Led and improved month/quarter end close efficiencies and accuracy.
• Managed intercompany relationships.
• Management of monthly reconciliations (BS, P&L Interco)
Confidential Employer Oct 2015 – Mar 2016
Senior International Accounting Manager (Contract)
• Oversee and manage the International Accounting Function, ensuring that financial results on International Operations are reported accurately and in compliance with US GAAP.
• Working closely with Corporate Accounting team to set up processes to increase efficiency and consistency between entities.
• Provide reporting and perform analytical review of the International Operations.
• Treasury Duties for all International entities.
• Work with other International entities to aid clean month end close.
• Improve month end close efficiencies and accuracy.
• Develop relationships to ensure effective lines of communication across all entities.
• Manage team of 4, create cohesiveness, build and develop a team unit.
• Support Audit and Tax teams.
Confidential Employer (Multinational telecommunications) Aug 2013 – Aug 2015
• Financial Controller for the Grenada market in the Caribbean, reporting to the Group CFO and Board of Directors.
• Presenting to the Board of Directors at the monthly meetings in the US.
• Managing the finance team of 5 and ensuring timely delivery and accuracy of month end accounts.
• Preparing the monthly board reports and presentations – the key reports used to manage the business.
• Business casing investment proposals including the new 4G network rollout in June’14.
• Commercially focused role with a high degree of analytics.
• Reviewing all daily KPI’s and ensuring that the monthly targets are on track.
• Cash flow management and improvement.
• Preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecasting for the full year on a monthly basis.
• Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Responsibility for the delivery over and above budgeted Revenue and EBITDA.
Confidential Employer (Container Terminal) Sept 2009 – Aug 2013
• Full responsibility for two companies under one group.
• I joined the company as an opportunity arose to have full ownership of the finance function of a large subsidiary within a UK group.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts & commentaries to board level.
• Statutory reporting for a number of entities.
• Cashflow management and forecasts.
• Coordination and management of annual audit process with big 4 firm.
• Main point of contact for internal auditor.
• Preparation of annual budgets and rolling forecasts.
• Customer performance and revenue analysis.
• During this time my key achievements were, implemented major cost cutting measures & merging ROI financial reporting process to mirror UK Group.
Confidential Employer (Car dealership) Jan 2007– Sept 2009
• Reporting directly to board of company which grew from a small family business to Ireland’s leading trade sales operation with an annual turnover of €40m.
• Candidate joined the company in 2007 as they wanted an opportunity to develop the finance function of a fast growing company in an expanding sector and my key responsibilities included preparation of monthly management, calculation and execution of statutory returns VAT & PAYE.
• Coordination and management of annual audit process.
• Cash flow maintenance including debtor, stock and credit control.
• Monthly forecasting and target setting including identifying commercial trends and likely impact on cash flow.
• Negotiation with suppliers of finance.
• Communicating financial performance to board and, as appropriate, to other senior staff.
• Management of managing director’s personal property portfolio.
Confidential Employer (Transportation business) Mar 2004– Jan 2007
• Reported directly to CFO of this Italian owned company involved in the transportation of fresh fruit to Europe from Africa and South and Central America.
• While the company’s headquarters are in Dublin, extensive communication was required with operational offices in France and Italy.
• Timely production of financial accounts under Irish GAAP.
• Preparation and analysis of monthly results in the form of an executive report for the Finance Director.
• Responsibility for the co-ordination and consolidation of the quarterly forecasts for the company and communicating same to group head office.
• Calculation of annual Corporation Tax liability through monthly provisions and calculation and payment of VAT and PAYE.
• Management of cash flow and accounts receivable and payable.
• Analysis and accounting of company’s investment portfolio.
• Executing and accounting for FX transactions.
• Management and coordination of annual audit.